PROPHET OR PLAGIARIST?
One of the most serious questions ever raised about Ellen White
Ellen White’s Afterlife examines:
- The delightful fictions about her in the 1960s
- The troubling facts uncovered in the 1970s
- The enlightening research of the 1980s and beyond
Included is a treasure trove of crucial documents in the journey:
- Minutes of the Walter Rea investigative committee on Ellen White’s use of sources
- Veltman’s summary of his 8-year analysis of the sources used in The Desire of Ages
- The White Estate’s reaction to the Veltman study
- Minutes of the 1919 Bible Conference
- W. C. White’s understanding of his mother’s inspiration and use of documents
- Overview of Donald McAdam’s pioneering work on Ellen White’s use of documents
Click HERE to read an insightful interview with author George R. Knight about this book, Ellen White's Afterlife.
Click HERE to read a online review published on AdventistToday.org.
Hopefully, Ellen White’s Afterlife can help many Seventh-day Adventists to gain a better understanding of Ellen White’s role in Adventism. George Knight provides a very readable and informative historical overview of the reception of Ellen White’s writings and, in the second part of the book, makes a number of documents available that have a major historical significance in this connection.
Reinder Bruinsma, Retired Seventh-day Adventist Administrator
Keine Einträge gefunden